Root Canal Treatment in Guntur, Hyderabad, Bhimavaram, Mancherial
The term endodontics is derived from two Greek words - "endo" meaning inside and "odons" meaning tooth. These two words means that it is the study of the inner part of the tooth or the dental pulp. Endodontics specialists are familiar with a number of diseases that involve the dental pulp and the procedures to treat them.
The dental pulp is the innermost part of the tooth. The pulp is protected by the outermost part of the tooth, the enamel, as well as by the dentin that lies underneath the enamel. This hard casing of the pulp protects it from becoming infected by microbes present in the mouth. In cases of tooth decay, this outer cover erodes away to form holes or cavities that expose the dental pulp to these microbes as well as to hot and cold temperatures. Since the pulp is rich with nerves and blood vessels, infection of the pulp can lead to sensitivity and toothache.
Our Endodontics team includes highly trained and skilled dental professionals. You receive expert care for your unique situation. We are dedicated in keeping you and your mouth healthy.
We, at Ethos Dental are equipped with an excellent infrastructure there by providing high standards of care to the patient. We use state-of-the-art equipment that is fully geared to treat patients, right from their medication to operating them within the required time frame, following comprehensive treatment procedures that save valuable time.
Root Canal Treatment
- First step includes opening the pulp chamber to allow access to the canals.
- Once open, with help of special instruments known as rotary files the infected nerves is removed. The canals are flushed with antiseptic solution.
- The root canals are further cleaned & reshaped to free them of all debris with rotary instrument.
- Once the canals are empty dry & clean, they are filled and sealed with biocompatible material known as Gutta Purcha Points / G.P. Points.
- The cavity is then filled with temporarily filling material which is then replaced with a permanent filling material like composite filling.
- A root canal treated tooth should be ideally capped after 15-20 days.
Laser Root canal treatment
- A local anesthetic is given to numb the tooth.
- A hole is made on the crown of the tooth which allows access to the root canal with the help of laser dentistry.
- Then the infected pulp is removed.
- The infected area is cleaned to prepare for a root canal filling.
- Once cleansed, the root canal filling is put in place.
- The last step of laser root canal treatment is to seal the tooth and adding a permanent crown on the tooth.
- Root canal therapy followed by POST and CORE. Root Canal Therapy is performed followed by placement of metal or fibre reinforced post in the canal space and buildup of lost tooth structure.
- Adhesive or invisible restorative materials can be used to restore your tooth.
- Additional gum contouring procedures might be required.
- Crown is placed on the tooth to restore function. It is shaped to resemble the natural tooth.