Root Canal Treatment in Hyderabad, Bhimavaram, Mancherial
The term endodontics is derived from two Greek words - "endo" meaning inside and "odons" meaning tooth. These two words means that it is the study of the inner part of the tooth or the dental pulp. Endodontics specialists are familiar with a number of diseases that involve the dental pulp and the procedures to treat them. Ethos Dental Hospital is located in Hyderabad (Vivekananda Nagar, Kukatpally), Mancherial and Bhimavaram.
The dental pulp is the innermost part of the tooth. The pulp is protected by the outermost part of the tooth, the enamel, as well as by the dentin that lies underneath the enamel. This hard casing of the pulp protects it from becoming infected by microbes present in the mouth. In cases of tooth decay, this outer cover erodes away to form holes or cavities that expose the dental pulp to these microbes as well as to hot and cold temperatures. Since the pulp is rich with nerves and blood vessels, infection of the pulp can lead to sensitivity and toothache.
Our Endodontics team includes highly trained and skilled dental professionals. You receive expert care for your unique situation. We are dedicated in keeping you and your mouth healthy.
We, at Ethos Dental are equipped with an excellent infrastructure there by providing high standards of care to the patient. We use state-of-the-art equipment that is fully geared to treat patients, right from their medication to operating them within the required time frame, following comprehensive treatment procedures that save valuable time.
We provide specific procedures aimed at promoting, restoring, and sustaining oral and systemic health. Treatment ranges from routine to complex root canal therapies and root canal retreatments, endodontic surgery, specification and apexogenesis, or emergency care for cracked or injured teeth.
Root Canal Treatment
A root canal is a treatment that is used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or becomes infected. The nerve and pulp are removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed during a root canal procedure. Without treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and abscesses may form. Treatment is usually recommended following a routine check-up with x-rays. The cost of Root Canal Treatment depends on the complexity of the case. Ethos Dental Hospital is one of the best dental hospital in Telugu States, We are providing best root canal treatment in our all branches at Hyderabad, Bhimavaram and Mancherial
Single Sitting RCT
Root canal treatment can be completed in a single sitting when there is an acute infection with no pus accumulation in & around the tooth. The biggest diagnostic aid in this case is an X-ray which shows presence or absence of pus accumalation in the form of a Periapical Radioluency.
- First step includes opening the pulp chamber to allow access to the canals.
- Once open, with help of special instruments known as rotary files the infected nerves is removed. The canals are flushed with antiseptic solution.
- The root canals are further cleaned & reshaped to free them of all debris with rotary instrument.
- Once the canals are empty dry & clean, they are filled and sealed with biocompatible material known as Gutta Purcha Points / G.P. Points.
- The cavity is then filled with temporarily filling material which is then replaced with a permanent filling material like composite filling.
- A root canal treated tooth should be ideally capped after 15-20 days.
Laser Root canal treatment
A Laser root canal treatment is completely painless where as the traditional root canal treatment is painful. A laser root canal treatment can be done in one or two visits only if there is a follow up required.
The Procedure for Laser Root canal Treatment is:
- A local anesthetic is given to numb the tooth.
- A hole is made on the crown of the tooth which allows access to the root canal with the help of laser dentistry.
- Then the infected pulp is removed.
- The infected area is cleaned to prepare for a root canal filling.
- Once cleansed, the root canal filling is put in place.
- The last step of laser root canal treatment is to seal the tooth and adding a permanent crown on the tooth.
Mutilated tooth is that tooth which is grossly weakened and badly broken down where the amount of remaining tooth structure is less than the amount of tooth loss.
- Root canal therapy followed by POST and CORE. Root Canal Therapy is performed followed by placement of metal or fibre reinforced post in the canal space and buildup of lost tooth structure.
- Adhesive or invisible restorative materials can be used to restore your tooth.
- Additional gum contouring procedures might be required.
- Crown is placed on the tooth to restore function. It is shaped to resemble the natural tooth.
Micro-endodontics is an aspect of the root canal treatment procedure that evolved after the introduction of the Dental Operating Microscope (DOM) to endodontics in the late 1990s.
Many endodontists (root canal specialists) discovered that it could also help with diagnosis and non-surgical endodontic procedures after initially using the microscope in surgery. Dentists have used the microscope to find tiny painful fractures, which are often difficult to detect using traditional diagnostic methods. In addition, canals that are hidden, extremely narrow or unusually positioned become easier to see. Occasionally, new infection or injury will cause a previously treated tooth to require a second endodontic procedure.
Dentists call this “re-treating” the tooth. In order to accomplish re-treatment, all previous filling material and posts that may have been placed to support a crown must be removed from the tooth. The microscope will help with these procedures as well.
Invisible Fillings in dentistry
Today, most dentists use composite resin fillings because of their natural tooth color and lack of discoloration that amalgam fillings can cause. Composite fillings are both cosmetically pleasing and durable and the most popular, safe choice for treating tooth decay.
Composite filling materials
Composite fillings consist of a tooth-colored glass and plastic mixture that matches the natural colors and texture of the existing tooth. Along with Repairing decay, dentists place composite fillings for cosmetic improvements Such as reshaping teeth or changing the color of teeth to match surrounding teeth.